February 13, 2012

Some Girls Bite by Chloe Neill




Title: Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires #1)
Author: Chloe Neill
Publisher: NAL Trade
Release date: April 7, 2009.
Age range: 18 & up.
Rating: 4/5


Read excerpt here



They killed me. They healed me. They changed me.


Sure, the life of a graduate student wasn’t exactly glamorous, but it was mine. I was doing fine until Chicago’s vampires announced theirexistence to the world-and then a rogue vampire attacked me. But he only got a sip before he was scared away by another bloodsucker… and this one decided the best way to save my life was to make me the walking undead.


Turns out my savior was the master vampire of Cadogan House. Now I’ve traded sweating over my thesis for learning to fit in at a Hyde Park mansion full of vamps loyal to Ethan “Lord o’ the Manor” Sullivan. Of course, as a tall, green-eyed, four hundred year old vampire, he has centuries’ worth of charm, but unfortunately he expects my gratitude-and servitude. Right…


But my burgeoning powers (all of a sudden, I’m surprisingly handy with some serious weaponry), an inconvenient sunlight allergy, and Ethan’s attitude are the least of my concerns. Someone’s still out to get me. Is it the rogue vampire who bit me? A vamp from a rival House? An angry mob bearing torches?


My initiation into Chicago’s nightlife may be the first skirmish in a war-and there will be blood…
Merit lives in Chicago, she´s a graduate student that is attack by a rogue vampire and rescue by another vampire that decides save her by making her one of them and Merit is least happy by this decision. She lives in a world where the vampire had come out and is well known by everyone about their existense. The vampires live in a sort of medieval hierarchy, in which they have as master,... their "liege", they follow rules and they´re well organized.


This book remaind me a little bit of Sookie Stackhouse series.


My favorite characters are Jeff a shapeshifter, Catcher a sorcerer and Merit's best friend Mallory, all three have a rather peculiar humor that had me smiling.


I have to thank to Julie from the blog My 5 Monkeys for this book, I win it in a giveaway, because before that I did not have this series in my radar.


I would definitely recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment