May 28, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday (125): Landline & Ugly Love

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The books I´m waiting this week are

Landline by Rainbow Rowell
Release date: July 8th 2014
Georgie McCool knows her marriage is in trouble. That it’s been in trouble for a long time. She still loves her husband, Neal, and Neal still loves her, deeply — but that almost seems besides the point now.

Maybe that was always besides the point.

Two days before they’re supposed to visit Neal’s family in Omaha for Christmas, Georgie tells Neal that she can’t go. She’s a TV writer, and something’s come up on her show; she has to stay in Los Angeles. She knows that Neal will be upset with her — Neal is always a little upset with Georgie — but she doesn’t expect to him to pack up the kids and go home without her.

When her husband and the kids leave for the airport, Georgie wonders if she’s finally done it. If she’s ruined everything.

That night, Georgie discovers a way to communicate with Neal in the past. It’s not time travel, not exactly, but she feels like she’s been given an opportunity to fix her marriage before it starts . . .

Is that what she’s supposed to do?

Or would Georgie and Neal be better off if their marriage never happened?



Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover
Release date: August 5th 2014
When Tate Collins meets airline pilot Miles Archer, she knows it isn’t love at first sight. They wouldn’t even go so far as to consider themselves friends. The only thing Tate and Miles have in common is an undeniable mutual attraction. Once their desires are out in the open, they realize they have the perfect set-up. He doesn’t want love, she doesn’t have time for love, so that just leaves the sex. Their arrangement could be surprisingly seamless, as long as Tate can stick to the only two rules Miles has for her.

Never ask about the past.
Don’t expect a future.

They think they can handle it, but realize almost immediately they can’t handle it at all.
Hearts get infiltrated.

Promises get broken.
Rules get shattered.
Love gets ugly.


What book are you waiting this week?
Leave your WOW links

Don´t forget to enter my current giveaway:
May New Release Giveaway Hop (INTL) - HERE

12 comments:

  1. I'm totally dying for Landline, even if I know it'll kill me emotionally!
    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great pick
    I hope you'll enjoy it :)

    Yours
    Smarty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read only Fangirl by Rowell but I definitely want to read her other books - I really like the themes her books handle. :) Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Landlines sounds like such a great book. Need to pick it up now to see what will happen to the characters. Thanks for sharing.

    My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-wednesday-festive-death/

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOh nice picks! Not my kinds of read but still hope you enjoy them both!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks. I am waiting for Ugly Love. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im also been waiting for Ugly Love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting picks. I think these books will be humourous, despressing, and good at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ABSOLUTELY Landline! Can't wait for it, and I adore the retro cover. I had never heard of Ugly Love, but I think it sounds good and I enjoy the cover. I have never read anything by Colleen Hoover but I have heard nothing but great things (for the most part). Maybe this is the one that I will finally read!

    Check out the latest reviews and posts at The Best Books Ever

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of these books are ones I can't wait to read. I know some people already have ARCs of Landline and I'm totally jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want Landline too! The blurb is really sold to me XD

    ReplyDelete