December 16, 2014

Top Ten Books I Read In 2014

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created bThe Broke and the Bookish.


Top Ten Books I Read In 2014
(in no particular order)

So far I´ve read 82 books in 2014 and this is the Top 10 of this year. 

STANDALONE
Wish You Were Italian by Kristin Rae : This book is super cute and funny....loved it.
On the Fence by Kasie West :  On the Fence is an excellent read, it´s a light, funny, with likable characters and a cute romance.
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart :  The story was very engaging, I love these type of mystery stories, it was thrilling with a surprising twist that really blew me away.

FIRST BOOK IN A DUOLOGY/TRILOGY
Archetype (Archetype #1) by M.D. Waters : This is a the first book of an adult distopyan/sci-fi novel.
Trial by Fire (The Worldwalker Trilogy #1) by Josephine Angelini : Loved the world-building of this new series.

SECOND BOOK IN A TRILOGY
The Perilous Sea (The Elemental Trilogy #2) by Sherry Thomas : This is a great fantasy novel, loved every minute of it.
Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky #2) by Veronica Rossi : This year I read the second and third book of this trilogy but my favorite was this one, because I loved Roar.

ENDING OF A DUOLOGY/TRILOGY
Sunrise (Ashfall #3) by Mike Mullin : This book was the perfect ending for this great trilogy! I loved the main characters and I´m pleased with the ending.
Rebel (Reboot #2) by Amy Tintera : This is an action-packed ending. Also love it!
The Forever Song (Blood of Eden #3) by Julie Kagawa : The Forever Song is an incredible conclusion for the amazing Blood of Eden trilogy! I LOVED it!

HONORABLE MENTIONS
This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales
Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens
Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky #3) by Veronica Rossi


What books are your favorites in 2014?
Leave me your link in the comments.

Don´t forget to enter my current giveaway:
December New Release Giveaway Hop (INTL) - HERE

10 comments:

  1. Archetype!!! Definitely one of the best I've read this year. Love, love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved On the Fence! And I just got Wish You Were Italian! I can't wait to read it! And Roar is definitely the best. That book broke my heart a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of these, but I've heard great things about Trial by fire and We were liars, I really should get around to reading them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've almost picked up Archetype several times. It sounds a lot like The Chemical Garden series. I wasn't sure what to expect, but a lot of people seem to really like it. I have Trial By Fire on my list, too. Rebel is in my tbr pile for the next month, I loved Reboot. Into the Still Blue is up soon as well. I really want to read the Ashfall series. I have the first book. Great list! Here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were Liars was a great book! Not sure I would put it on my list but then again it has some stiff competition. I have read a lot of great books this year and it sounds like you have as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Twitter kind of ruined We Were Liars for me. Because I knew there was a twist, I spent most of the beginning trying to predict the twist, which I did successfully. Ugh. Found the first Reboot on Oyster, so I'll get to it eventually. Great list. Here's mine if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOh nice! LOVED Trial By Fire and the Forever Song!! LOVE LOVE LOVE! And oooh Through the Ever Night was good as well! Read that one this year too!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Forever Song was indeed amazing, as was Sunrise!! Some great picks in there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a lot of these books on my TBR list! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed them!

    Check out my TTT here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have only read Trial by Fire and Through the Ever Night off of your list, but I loved them both. Now, I am curious to check out more of your top ten and see if that continues!

    ReplyDelete