August 4, 2015

Ten Fairytale Retellings I've Read/Want To Read

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created bThe Broke and the Bookish

Ten Fairytale Retellings I've Read/Want To Read
(in no particular order)

I Have Read

Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge: Inspired by the classic The Beauty and the Beast and contain a lot of Greek mythology and according to the author also is based on the story of Cupid and Psyche, but I also found some similarities with the story of Bluebeard and Ruperstinski. (Review)
Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge: Inspired by the classic Red Riding Hood, but it also has elements of Hansel and Gretel and The Girl Without Hands. (Review)
Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer: This is a retelling of Cinderella.

Splintered (Splintered #1) by A.G. Howard: This is a retelling or reimaginings of Alice in Wonderland. (Review)
Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis: This is a retelling of Snow White. (Review)

Sweetly (Fairytale Retellings #2) by Jackson Pearce: This is a retelling of Hansel and Gretel. (Review)
A Wicked Thing (A Wicked Thing #1) by Rhiannon Thomas: This is a retelling of Sleeping Beauty. (Review)

 I Want To Read
The Wrath and the Dawn (The Wrath and the Dawn #1) by Renee Ahdieh: Inspired by A Thousand and One Nights.
Spinning Starlight by R.C. Lewis: This is a retelling of Hans Christian Andersen's "The Wild Swans".
The Great Hunt by Wendy Higgins: Inspired by the Grimm Brothers’ tale “The Singing Bone".


What are your favorite Fairytale Retellings that you have read?
Leave me your link in the comments. 

4 comments:

  1. I really want to read Sweetly and The Wrath and the Dawn. I wasn't a huge fan of Cruel Beauty, but I loved the writing and the world building, just not the characters. I still do want to to read Crimson Bound. Great list!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cruel Beauty and I didn't get along, but I've been enjoying the Lunar Chronicles. And The Great Hunt sounds interesting! I hadn't heard of that one yet. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOooh very nice! I SO CANNOT WAIT for The Great Hunt!! I am giddy with glee over that one! It sounds so amazing!!

    I still need to read TWATD and Crimson Bound and A Wicked Thing, but they're in my TBR Mountain of Doom!

    Really enjoyed Splintered too! Amazing picks!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a lot of the same picks! Great minds think alike! I'm currently reading Splintered and really enjoying it so far. Also The Great Hunt looks so interesting, I definitely need to put it on my TBR list! Great picks and thanks for stopping by earlier :)

    Erica @ Read It. Note It.

    ReplyDelete